Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Locked Out

Last night was pretty eventful...I locked the keys in the car! I was at the grocery store, and apparently they can't help you get back into your car because people have broken into other people's cars that way! Also, the police can't help you unless a little kid is trapped inside because people have sued the police for scratching their paint job or window while trying to open the car. A locksmith charges $59 and gets pissed if you tell him your going to see if any other lock smith is closer and cheaper. I finally called Andrew at work, and luckily one of the guys at the office has AAA roadside assitance. However, they were not going to be able to get to the store until 9 or 10, which would mean I was stuck at the store for 2 1/2 hours. Thankfully I had the number of a lady in the ward who came to pick me up and give me a ride home. However, when I got home, I could not get the front door unlocked! Since we have a garage door opener, that's how we always get in the house. So this kind, patient lady waited for almost 5 minutes while I was trying to get into the house. She came to help me unlock the door, and my only problem was that I was turning the key the wrong way!

*SIGH*

I felt like such an idiot last night, to say the least! I did the one thing that Andrew is always telling me not to do (in his own words): "This is our only key to the car, so whatever you do, do NOT lock the keys in the car!" WOW! I totally blew that one!

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to make a trip to lowe's or home depot to have another key made. They're only a couple bucks!

    ReplyDelete